Last Updated: May 23, 2017
Look under "hot topics" (scroll down the page, right-hand side) for links and information on various related topics.
- Center for Economic & Social Rights
- Child Trends
- Culture & Ethnic Groups (usa.gov)
- Economic Policy Institute
- Forced Migration Online
Contains resources relating to human displacement.
- Global Gateway : World Culture & Resources
Health topics, statistics, and more. From the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- HIV InSite
Comprehensive, up-to-date information on HIV/AIDS.
- Human Rights Campaign
Advocates for equal rights for the LGBT community in the U.S.
- Human Rights Watch
"Links users directly with news, reports and explanatory information from the State Department, USG agencies and other resources, allowing for easy access to publicly available documents."
- Institute for Research on Poverty
News, publications, and poverty-related links by category
- National Marriage Project
"Research and analysis on the health of marriage in America."
- Office on Violence Against Women
Focuses on domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking.
- One : National Gay & Lesbian Archives
"The largest repository of LGBTQ materials in the world."
Pros and cons of 43 controversial social issues.
- Race : Are We So Different?
Multimedia project that "explains differences among people and reveals the reality – and unreality – of race. The story of race is complex and may challenge how we think about race and human variation, about the differences and similarities among people."
- Same-Sex Marriage : A Selective Bibliography
- Social Issues Affecting Children & Their Families (Merck Manual)
Discusses topics such as illness, divorce, and adoption.
"U.N. information and resources on gender equality and empowerment of women."